PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: looking for geolocated accounts

From: allison nixon <elsakoo () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 23:24:17 -0400

facebook strips out exif data unfortunately

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Ben Jackson <bbj () mayhemiclabs com> wrote:

Hi Robin:

When Larry and I last checked (6 months ago?), we were coming up pretty
empty on users including geotags. Thankfully, (or unfortunately, in our
case) most clients are turning them off. However, Twitpic users are still
your best bet; the one user we found was using their service, so they were
still not stripping tags.

Instagram never sent geotags and I haven't looked at Flickr since forever.

Happy Hunting!

Ben