PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Webshells Collection

From: Adrian Crenshaw <irongeek () irongeek com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 11:00:37 -0400

I'm prepping to give my Webshells talk again at OISF and TakeDownCon Rocket
City. I like to update things if I give a talk more than once, so I
enhanced my script to save an archived copy of the webshells in a zip file
so even if the infected host cleans it up (which they really should), it
can be examined later. Let me know if I did this in an insecure way to save
the files.

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=webshells-and-rfis

One precaution I took was to limit the saving of webshells to about 1MB.
I'm also hoping malware/search engines don't start listing me as hosting
malware, which technically I am, but for teaching purposes.
--
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." ~ W. Somerset
Maugham