PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: official site of Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)

From: Michael Salmon <lonestarr13 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 15:23:04 -0400

I've never heard of this before.  I found a couple of resources (you may
have already saw them too). It's a vendor neutral cert sponsored
by Ascendant Learning.  It is (was?) a combination of two exams, Advanced
Security Implementation (ASI) exam SCO-501 and The Solution Exam (TSE) exam
SC0-502. And the About.com site below says SC0-502 must retaken yearly to
maintain the certification.. wow.  I also couldn't find an official site
though, but googling Ascendant Learning doesn't seem to find anything
useful that I can see.  Also getting pointed to a lot of broken links to
www.securitycertified.net.  My guess is it's defunct.
http://certification.about.com/od/certifications/p/scnp.htm
http://www.certmag.com/read.php?in=16

Checking the Internet Archives looks like last the site worked was 2012 and
it appears to have been the original official website.:
http://web.archive.org/web/20120511091412/http://www.securitycertified.net/

You might be interested in CompTIA's new Advanced Security Practicioner
(CASP) exam instead:
http://certification.comptia.org/getCertified/certifications/casp.aspx

Hope this help.