PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: SQL cheat sheat

From: Leon Jacobs <leonja511 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 05:50:39 +0200

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Philip Green <pg () givetechback org> wrote:

Hello PaulDotCom mailing list!

I have a group of programmers working on a site and really, I know more
about breaking into stuff than defending.

What do you guys think the most important thing(s) to tell programmers
when they are coding a database to try and prevent SQL injection
attacks occurring?

Any website links would really help as well.

Thanks in advance.

Trust no user input, whatsoever. Eg: If you are expecting a number, and its
not a number, start a fire and burn the client computer :)

But, to stay on topic w.r.t. the message subject, I'll suggest you have a
look at:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/SQL_Injection_Prevention_Cheat_Sheet
In general, if you have the time, check out the rest of owasp.org. It is
sure to proof to have a lot of value to you.

Have fun.

--
Regards
Leon Jacobs