PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: PCI Compliance

From: Josh More <jmore () starmind org>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 07:54:33 -0500

I agree with the others.  SAQs A-D are reporting tools, not compliance
tools.  If an organization claims to be compliant, they must be compliant
with all aspects of PCI-DSS and, if applicable, PA-DSS as required by their
merchant agreement.

That said, if the organization is *truly* outsourcing *all* credit card
activities (i.e., no PAN and related data is passing through their systems
at all), their entire network is effectively out of scope.  If they are
doing this, there might not be anything you can claim under PCI to change
the situation and would be limited to using other contractual
arrangements.  It sounds to me, though, like they don't really understand
PCI, so if they are trying to out-of-scope their burden, they're doing it
poorly.

-Josh More