PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Python and asynchronous sockets question

From: allison nixon <elsakoo () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:34:00 -0500

AFAIK threading is more for cpu intensive stuff

In my case I'm opening a socket and sending the request(faster)
and then babysitting the socket until it times out or receives the
response(very slow)
then parse the input(not nearly as much of this)

since this is I/O heavy, i saw asyncore recommended as the fastest option.
 i already artificially set the timeout limit very low for a socket to cut
overhead.