PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Career Advice

From: Dan <xxsegfaultxx () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 07:46:32 -0400

One thing that I can't recommend enough is the training from Offensive Security. The reason I like this training/cert
is that not only do you learn the tools and techniques of how to conduct a pen test, you also need to show it in a
practical exam.

This also includes the most important element of pen testing…the reporting. You could be the most elite kernel hacker
but if you can't document findings to a variety of people (technical and non techicanl) you've wasted a lot of time.

http://www.offensive-security.com/information-security-training/penetration-testing-with-backtrack/