PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Sandbox software for Windows 2008 R2

From: Guillaume Ross <guillaume () binaryfactory ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:20:38 -0400

Hi,

Microsoft App-V is similar to ThinApp in the sense that it is application
virtualization, and that you can configure your apps to use either the
actual filesystem and registry or point it somewhere else. I think of it as
a "Windows Chroot" even though that isn't such a good comparison.

However, I am not sure you can obtain App-V for personnal use. If it is for
a work laptop for which you have the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack
(MDOP) licensing, maybe you can use App-V however.

Guillaume