PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: evaluation of potentially malicious PDFs

From: Hevnsnt <hevnsnt () i-hacked com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 08:52:41 -0500

I use the following tools to inspect pdfs

Origami
Didier Stevens tools (PDF-parser and pdfid)
And wepawet

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 31, 2012, at 2:25 PM, Herndon Elliott <alabamatoy () gmail com> wrote:

Learning of lots of avenues of intrusion through PDF documents.  Embedded javascript, stego, referenced malware,
flash embedding, etc.  Does anyone know of a tool which can evaluate a PDF for questionable content without opening
it in reader?

If no such tool exists, it would seem like a good open-source project for someone interested in coding such things....

Herndon Elliott
Madison, Al

"You, we -- we own this country. We own it.  It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it.  Politicians are
employees of ours." ~ Clint Eastwood, RNC speech Aub 30, 2012