PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Questions and suggestions about security on Android devices

From: carlopmart <carlopmart () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 16:38:27 +0200

Hi all,

Recently, I have adquired a xperia neo v device with ICS 4.0.4 installed. Due to a lot of announces about spyware, malware, etc arround Android mobile devices, I have some doubts about Android security:

a) Is it OK to talk about viruses, spyware, etc on Android devices?
b) Can i trust in tradiditional antivirus manufacturers like TrendMicro, Sophos, Symantec ...to install their products in android deivces?? c) Where I can found docs and tips, real tips and docs, about to use security tools (like antivirus, firewall tools, etc) in android devices?? (Doing a search over google, returns a lot of thrash documents and useless sites)
d) tools suggestions??

Many thanks to all for your help.

--
CL Martinez