PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: How do I fill the gap of knowing how important "good" security is and actually doing something about it?

From: Conrad Constantine <conrad () 1211 net>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 22:37:23 -0400

On 8/9/2012 10:26 PM, Shaun Curry wrote:
Do you just learn this stuff as you go?  Is experience the key?

Short answer : Yes. You would not believe the ratio of which people have brought "malicious" activity to my attention over the years, that turns out to be a crappy piece of software, a badly configured network, or just a plain broken business process entirely.

It's really about connecting the dots though.. when you look at things in isolation, it's all too easy to make the wrong conclusion; follow things through, find the sources. "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth"