PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Durable AP Needed

From: Chris Keladis <ckeladis () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 15:46:27 +1000

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 4:25 AM, Joshua Wright <jwright () hasborg com> wrote:

I need the AP to be 802.11 b/g/n (5 GHz a/n is optional) with at least four
switch ports and support for NAT to an uplink network.  I also need it to
support open security, WEP, WPA2-PSK and WPA2 Enterprise IEEE 802.1X (which
my Linksys AP's do no problem).  External antennas are not desirable just
for reliability (very little range is needed).

I guess the slight gotchya with APs that do 2.4GHz as well as 5 GHz is
few do both simultaneously.

Whichever AP you decide on (and assuming you would prefer both radio's
to be available at the same time),
this may be something you want to ask.

Chris.