PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Raspberry Pi

From: Adrian Crenshaw <irongeek () irongeek com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 09:00:26 -0400

Yeah, bit of a shortage right now. I got to order two, and I sold one to
Mick at cost+shipping. Worst thing about it so far: 1. It's in the gray
area between ARM5 and ARM7, so some things are of to get to work on it. 2.
There is this electrolytic capacitor (C6 I think) right behind the Micro
USB power jack that is prone to falling off, luckily you seem to be able to
run without it as long as your 5v power supply is ok.

There seem to be plenty of RPi on eBay, but at jacked up prices to the
point where it misses the point of the Pi and you would be better of going
for something different.

Adrian