PaulDotCom mailing list archives

pair programming

From: Matthew Perry <mlperry () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:58:13 -0500

My company is doing paired programming to become more agile in their
development.  We would like the devs to login using their personal AD
account when logging into the computer, but they are pushing for a shared
account to allows for easier switching and pair changes.  Does anyone have
any experience with this type of environment?

Do we meet in the middle and give them a shared AD account that can only
login to their teams machines?  This way they will still get the group
policy settings vs using a shared local account, which is what they are use
to doing.  I know we would lose the accountability of who logged into the
machine, but at least we are getting some of the GP locked down settings.
 Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

FYI.....we also have to worry about linux and mac dev machines in our
environment as well.