PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: running 3 monitors off a laptop

From: Kim White <hotmojo () andronin za net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:07:39 +0200

Think you may find this of interest
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5964/evgas-uv-plus-39-usb-30-display-adapter

Obviously no-one knows how it performs, yet.

--
Regards
Kim White

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Robin Wood <robin () digininja org> wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions, looks like I'll be getting a not-cheap
USB-DVI/HDMI as that seems to give the most flexible option. I looked
at the Matrox and as it merges all three monitors into one I don't
think it would work well for me just because all three monitors are
different sizes.

The laptop I'm looking at is a Lenovo and their docking station says
it will drive two monitors so I'd only need one extra adapter, I can
put that on the lower res monitor so there is less chance of problems.

And welcome to the list Robert, keep on contributing.

Robin