PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: attwifi ssid

From: Chris Frederick <cdf123 () cdf123 net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:12:49 -0600

I have heard of this behavior on the iPhone, and from what I know, if you connect to any wifi the phone will remember
the ssid and the mac, if
it sees these in the future it will auto connect.  But attwifi is different in that it doesn't check the mac, only the
ssid is needed.

I have seen that if you do _not_ connect to any attwifi, it won't auto connect, you need to initiate the initial
connection to one.  I would
assume that if you tell the phone to delete the connection while it's in range, it will stop auto-connecting.

I have a 3GS and a 4S and have tested this a bit.  I've never connected my 4S to attwifi, and it's never
auto-connected, but I did on the 3GS
but I reset the phone before I was in range of a different attwifi spot.

Chris