PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Apache route requests to two or more servers

From: Mike Patterson <mike () snowcrash ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:02:34 -0400

On 2011/07/13 8:49 AM, Robin Wood wrote:
On 13 July 2011 07:57, Jim Halfpenny <jim.halfpenny () gmail com> wrote:
It depends on what you want to achieve. You could write a perl/php/asp
script to replay request data to multiple servers but I am not sure
what you would want from a module that does this. You could modify
mod_proxy_balancer to play the requests to multiple servers instead of
load balancing.

I like the sound of the ruby proxy so going to try that first, if I
can't get that working then I'll have a look at mod_proxy_balancer and
see what I can do with it.

If you're doing this for the purposes of spreading load out... just make
sure your proxy doesn't become the weak link rather than the backend
webservers. :-) I've never been impressed by the performance of WEBrick.