PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Tenable on-demand training

From: k41zen Me <k41zen () me com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 22:01:53 +0100

Not seen this mentioned on this list yet but I just wanted to give a thumbs up for the on demand training offered by
Tenable; in particular the Nessus course (Tenable Nessus Vulnerability & Compliance Auditing) I found the cost of the
course very reasonable ($495) and them exam also ($195).

I was impressed at how quickly I got access to this once purchased. I was online and listening to Marcus in minutes.
The slides were informative and Marcus' analogies helped :-)

I found it hard to stop once I started it last Saturday morning and as the family were away I'd got the course finished
by Sunday lunchtime.  I found it so hard to stop that I was fired up to take the exam that afternoon but found that you
have to schedule the exam with ProctorU giving them 3-4 days notice to arrange it for you.

For all those that don't know about ProctorU (I certainly didn't) you hook up with a proctor who ensures that you can
login and access your exam without issues. Word of warning though; you have to grant them total control of your laptop
which I hated - good job I had a cleanly built laptop which I can blow away again.  They also have to watch your every
move through your webcam, something which freaked me out.  It's to ensure you don't cheat, that no-one else is there
helping you and that you don't use your phone or any other device in closed book exams. Luckily the Tenable one is open
book and so doesn't matter too much. This is a good job as there's quite a few questions about plugin ID's to test you
can find information on them.

But all in all a very good experience.

k41zen