PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: security audio books

From: Josh More <jmore () starmind org>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 18:38:05 -0500

Depends on what you mean by "Security".

I find that "Let's Get Real or Let's Not Play" by Mahan Khalsa is great for
identifying which fights are not worth fighting.

"The Innovator's Solution" by authors that Amazon irritatingly won't let me
copy/paste is great for understanding market forces.  These apply to both
the white and black hats, so it's good to know.

"Made to Stick" by the Heaths and "Selling the Invisible" by Beckwith are
great for getting your message across.

"A Sense of Urgency" by Kotter is good for understanding why, even though
your team knows what to do and how to do it, you're still just treading
water.

If you're a consultant, "Spin Selling" will do wonders for you as well.  Not
sure as to its applicability outside of that realm though.

There are tons of others on my list, including even less-direct things like
lecture sets from The Teaching Company, but those ones should get you
started.

-Josh