PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: What book for learning hack is good?

From: Matt Erasmus <matt.erasmus () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 18:04:28 +0200

Howdy

A one line review is posted below each of your listings.

On 17 May 2011 16:30, Mohsen Mostafa Jokar <mohsenjokar () gmail com> wrote:
1-Buffer Overflow Attacks - Detect, Exploit, Prevent
Haven't read it.

2-Google Hacking for Penetration Testers Volume 2
Haven't read it

3-Gray Hat Hacking
Awesome book which will take you through all the steps required.

4-Hack The Stack - Using Snort And Ethereal To Master The 8 Layers Of An
Haven't read it

Insecure Network
Haven't read it

5-Hacking Exposed Linux Third Edition
Haven't read it. I did read the older HE: Linux books and they were pretty good.

6-Hacking Exposed Sixth Edition Network Security Secret And Solutions
Pretty good read. I haven't picked it up in a while but it was good
never the less.

7-Hacking The Art of Exploitation 2nd Edition
Haven't read it

8-No Tech Hacking
Awesome book. Support Johnny and buy this book.

9-Penetration Testers Open Source Toolkit Volume.2
Pretty old but still a good read.

10-The Shellcoder's Handbook
Haven't read it

11-Silence on the wire
Reading through this at the moment.

12- OWASP TESTING GUIDE
Good reference if you're interested in Web hacksawing.

Don't forget these books:

Hacking Exposed: Wireless (2nd Edition)
Counter Hack Reloaded (Buy this now)
Aggressive Network Self-Defence (A little old now but still a good read)
Reversing - The Hacker's Guide to Reverse Engineering

Just my 0.02c worth

Matt Erasmus <matt.erasmus () gmail com> / blog: http://www.zonbi.org
twitter: @mattdoterasmus / gpg: 0x5D87A56D / http://www.zonbi.org/gpg.txt