PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: use cases for stunnel

From: Dennis Lavrinenko <dennis.lavrinenko () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 18:57:21 -0500

I've used it with (old) apps that don't natively support ssl.

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Robin Wood <robin () digininja org> wrote:

I was having a look at stunnel today and I've been wondering about
pen-testing use cases for it. I asked on twitter and got a few
comments about using it for encrypted data exfiltration but I don't
see the point, if you are on a box with stunnel then it probably also
has ssh/scp so just use that.

The only solid example I was given was to use it back-to-back to
man-in-the-middle SSL traffic where the parties don't do certificate
checking.

Are there any other good use cases? Places where there isn't already
an easily available an encrypted tool that will do the same job.

Robin