PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: canned data for AD and Exchanged

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:51:22 +0000

On 14 February 2011 20:26, Carlos Perez <carlos_perez () darkoperator com> wrote:
Exchange depends on AD, in fact you have to extend the forest schema and the
domain shcema before installing Exchange, once installed it will create
mailboxes for the leaf objects  (User Accounts) in AD and as you know AD
depends heavily on DNS. Exchange is a whole beast all by it
self http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996058(EXCHG.80).aspx

Didn't realise it would be that tricky to install, was just going to
build a 2008 server then install Exchange 2010 and hope for the best,
looks like I might have some reading to do before hand.

Robin