PaulDotCom mailing list archives

HackIM 2011 - Pre-nullcon Hacker Challenge

From: Prashant Mahajan <prashant3535 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 15:49:11 +0530

Anybody playing this ?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: corrupt <corrupt () null co in>
Date: Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 5:11 PM
Subject: [HackingChallenge] HackIM 2011
To: null-co-in () googlegroups com

n00bs & haXors,
We are proud to present (..drum roll starts ...)
The second edition of our very own, very popular ( ..increasing drum roll
tempo.. )
HackIM 2011 - The Pre-nullcon Hacker Challenge .. tadda!

After the remarkable success of last years challenge ( well we consider
frustrating 1000+ n00bs and keeping dozens of haXors sleepless for weeks as
success :) )

Link: http://nullcon.net/challenge/

Here's your chance to Win a free pass with two days stay for nullcon Goa
2011. All you have to do is run over few trivial puzzles and challenges and
the golden ticket is yours. In case you have already bought the ticket don't
worry we'll reimburse your ticket if you win.

Theme:
If you have spent anytime with puzzles like notpron or klueless, or other
hacking challenges, this one should lie somewhere in between. ( We thought
if you gonna pull your hair out solving the puzzle, its only fair that you
learn something while doing so.)

This time, first few levels are puzzle/quiz based and the later are based on
realistic scenarios.

Rules:
Ok, here you should pay more attention:
1. Players will need to create an account in order to participate in the
challenge.
http://www.nullcon.net/challenge/register.php

2. Each level gives you sets of clues to reach to the next level. Following
these clues you should figure your way to the next level. Once you have
reached the final level you'll know how to claim the booty.

3. The unofficial back channel for the challenge is irc.chat4all.org #nullcon
& #n|u. Hints will also be provided for each level through twitter or null
mailing list. More details will be available shortly.

4. This challenge does NOT give participants any legal permission to
exploit http://nullcon.net or its hosting partner in a destructive manner .
Any attack against the site or the hosted servers will be observed under
general legal framework.

5. Running Automation tools (Scanner/Enumerators/Password Crackers, etc) is
not allowed and won't help you complete the challenge in anyway.

6. Scoreboard for the challenge is available on
http://www.nullcon.net/challenge/scoreboard.php

Tools:
1. Armed with your favorite hacking and debugging  tools is advisable. (It
will be a good idea to take the new Matriux or BT4 for a ride.)

Good Luck and Have fun :)

--
Cheers,
corrupt

--
Regards,
Prashant

Pain is the price you pay for resisting life.