PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: do I need some sort of anti-virus suite for Mac OS X?

From: Mike Patterson <mike () snowcrash ca>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 18:19:54 -0400

On 10-11-02 5:21 PM, Sven Aluoor wrote:
What are security pros thinking? Do the anti-virus products protect
against Mac specific malware/vulnerabilities?
Do you recommend me an anti-virus package?

I don't run it on Windows, much less my Macs.  If I (as Michael
suggested) regularly exchanged documents with Windows users I *might*
reconsider, but my faith in AV in being much more than a lap belt (not
even a seatbelt) has been very much reduced by dozens of infections at
work on fully-patched fully-updated machines with AV installed.

We have a site license, but to me even free, it's not worth it.

Mike