PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Java Updates

From: Bugbear <gbugbear () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 23:58:50 -0400

Third party patch mgmt tools can usally do this, but even then I have
had to do some tweaking. You might be able to script it but be aware
your going to need to kill jqs.exe (service) and close any open
browsers or java.exe instances (or the update will fail)

Here's an example of some WMI I use for this

http://pastebin.com/B6WZcSEX

Do the same for iexplore.exe and javaw.exe

Also grab the Windows Offline Installation (jre-6u21-windows-i586.exe)
from here http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Pommerening, Jeremy