PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Android: pattern security lock vs. 4 characters PIN from a security side

From: Anthony Miracle <ronin7 () calima7 net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:44:55 -0400

As others have mentioned, it's often easy to figure it out from the marks
left on the screen if you don't clean it often.

Additionally, as a small experiment, I set a fairly complicated pattern and
asked a co-worker to watch me quickly enter it once. He was able to
duplicate the pattern on his first try. I did not have it set to display the
pattern, he was just watching my finger. In my opinion, it's just easier to
observe and memorize a pattern than it is to observe and memorize several
rapidly typed numbers on these phones.

---
Anthony Miracle (sequel7)