PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: IDP/IDS

From: "Albert R. Campa" <abcampa () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 14:27:37 -0500

I seem to recall VRT putting out a blog post of the reasoning for their
signature creation methods. Write to block the vulnerability vs exploit? I
cant seem to find it.

This is brought on by ISS selling their "non signature" based model, which
enables them to have a signature that blocks the adobe 0day since 2008,
whereas Snort just recently created a sig for it.

17233 <-> SPECIFIC-THREATS Adobe Reader and Acrobat TTF SING table
parsing remote code execution attempt

Albert R. Campa