PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Troubleshooting a DNS server

From: Rob Michel <robmichel2854 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 14:36:34 -0400

I can't think of anything that would detect which process is sending the
traffic...

However your real issue is that you don't want it asking DNS server anymore.
If it's just resolving the same FQDN, just throw that entry into the hosts
file on the server. Otherwise finding the process might be more like playing
detective, what is the delta between the times of the query, what processes
are running, etc. etc.