PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: LAN Virus outbreak Procedures

From: Craig Freyman <craigfreyman () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 12:45:19 -0600

How big is the environment?

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Tyler Robinson <pcimpressions () gmail com>wrote:

Hey everyone just wondering what kinds of procedures you are using to
prevent and stop virus outbreaks on your local network after some genius end
user investigates child porn on local network PCs. Do most of you use
microsofts firewall with GP and just open exceptions for the applicatoins
that need it or run another piece of software. I have a massive infection
that i cannot track down our Eset is catching them but my network is nothing
but trojan packets we were not running an internal firewall (previous Admin
setup) without hardend systems, So do i start hardening systems first and
then do a GP with Firewall or does anyone have any better suggestions first
to get my network back and clean the infection second to setup the correct
way so there is no next time..As always thanks so much to the PDC community
you guys are the best.
TR

--
Tyler Robinson