PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: networking command comparison between OS X and Linux

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:40:17 +0100

On 31 August 2010 16:30, Carlos Perez <carlos_perez () darkoperator com> wrote:
Forgot for something like iwconfig the closest thing is
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple80211.framework/Versions/A/Resources/airport you will not be able to set the
interface in monitor mode like you can in Linux, if you want you can do a ln -s to your /usr/bin so you can have it
handy in the path

Great, this does roughly what I was after

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple80211.framework/Versions/A/Resources/airport
-I en1

will play with some of the other options later. I knew the commands
would be there somewhere it is just a case of finding them. I need to
sit down with someone and go through all the stuff I'm missing as I'm
sure it is a lot.

Robin