PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Facebook account harvesting

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 07:22:26 -0500

Hey everybody,

I spent some time recently spidering Facebook to get every person's name who has an account and is searchable. I
released the data from phase 1 of that project today, and thought I'd share:
http://www.skullsecurity.org/blog/?p=887

Besides shameless self promotion (which I enjoy more than I can say ;) ), this can be exceptionally helpful if you're
going into a bruteforce against a company blind, and you have some way of finding out their username convention. I
pre-calculated first initial/last name, first name/last initial, and first name dot last name. I included the raw data
so you can process it yourself.

If you want the raw data (and even if you don't ;) ), grab the .torrent from the blogpost and let it download that way.
Nobody I know had enough bandwidth to serve hundreds of megabytes worth of files.

Let me know what you think! Phase 2 of my collection is going to start after Defcon is over and I'm safely back home.
Hope to see you all there! (Defcon, I mean, not my home)

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org