PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Since Larry asked: User programmable USB VID/PID

From: Adrian Crenshaw <irongeek () irongeek com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:06:32 -0400

In ep 202 part 2, Larry was looking for a USB device he could set his own
Vendor ID and Product ID. You can do that with the Teensy I've been using
for the Phukd project:

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=security/programmable-hid-usb-keystroke-dongle

Just have to edit one little lib:
arduino-xxxx\hardware\teensy\cores\tensy_hid\usb_private.h

and you can make it what ever you want. You can do storage with the SD
daughter board, but it's at USB 1.1 speeds.

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/

If you get one, tell him Irongeek sent you, he sometimes gives me free
hardware because of all the referrals :) Also, the more security types that
use it the more likely PJRC will make future boards with features we would
like (USB 2 (does not matter for keyboard/mouse but does for storage), USB
pasthough, HUB suport, etc)

Adrian