PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: mysql selecting into outfile in an insert

From: Ulisses Castro <uss.thebug () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:00:04 -0300

MySQL doesn't support stacked querys, unfortunately you can't stack
querys like postgresql, mssql, ...

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Michael McGrew
<mmcgrew1 () mail csuchico edu> wrote:
If you can inject SQL could you end the query with ; then start a new
select query where you use INTO OUTFILE?

This is why it's not working:
"An INTO clause should not be used in a nested SELECT because such a
SELECT must return its result to the outer context. "
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/select.html