PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Non-fiction audio books for the hacker type

From: wesley at mcgrewsecurity.com (Robert Wesley McGrew)
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 11:02:05 -0500

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Ben Greenfield <bcg at struxural.com> wrote:
This may stir the political pot some, but Takedown by John Markoff and
Tsutomu Shimomura is an outstanding read as well. ?In my opinion it's
really the next logical step after The Hacker Crackdown by Bruce
Sterling (which is required reading IMO).

For those unaware, Takedown is the story of how Kevin Mitnick landed
in jail for 4.5 years pre-trial (including 8 months of solitary, poor
guy).

Years ago, I read The Fugitive Game, by Jonathan Littman, which
provides another perspective on the Mitnick story.  I enjoyed it,
although I can't find audiobooks of this or Takedown, unfortunately
(would love one of Takedown, since I never actually read it).

--
Wesley McGrew
http://mcgrewsecurity.com