PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Disabling Acrobat JavaScript

From: gbugbear at gmail.com (Bugbear)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:44:16 -0400

that is very good news indeed, thanks for the info

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Dahl, Kevin <Kevin.Dahl at ars.usda.gov> wrote:
Glad it was of some help. One caveat (and its a big one), if the pdf
has js in
it it will prompt the user to enable when opened. This will turn the
option back on. (Based my testing back in january)

That horrible "feature" no longer exists in v9.3.2 and v8.2.2 ?(possibly
9.3.1/8.2.1)

There is now a trust model and you can trust specific docs and/or
specific sites..... And the JS will only be allowed to run in those
docs/sites.....

If you have javascript disabled, you get a yellow bar across the top of
the document telling you the document has JS in it.....and then you have
the option of turning on JS for that PDF or for that whole site.....

K-Dee