PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Security Awareness Training for SysAdmins

From: craigfreyman at gmail.com (Craig Freyman)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:30:03 -0600

   1. I had two machines set up on two projectors in a conference room, an
   attacker box and a victim box.
   2. I used SET to clone an internal site and asked them to let me know if
   the site looked weird or not, they all agreed it looked perfectly fine. I
   had a colleague log into the site and showed that I could harvest his
   credentials. Eyebrows were raised.
   3. Then I cloned a public site and used the java method to open a
   meterpreter session. They didn't really understand what this was so I did a
   screen screengrab and demonstrated the keylogger and they perked up a little
   more.
   4. Then I sent my colleague a spoofed email from the CEO with a naughty
   pdf attachment. He opened it and i showed them I had access to the box
   again. Simply by opening an attachment.
   5. The last part was what really scared them. I ran the soundrecorder
   script from http://www.darkoperator.com/meterpreter/ and demonstrated
   that I could record their conversations. Now I had their attention.
   6. We're now implementing social engineering training and management is
   on board with our security strategies.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Pommerening, Jeremy <