PaulDotCom mailing list archives

File checker tool?

From: Daniel at virturity.com (Daniel)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 10:30:11 -0000

Hi,

Not sure i got you 100% but what you are looking for might be Windows
AppLocker or Software Restrictions?
http://www.infoworld.com/d/security-central/application-whitelisting-in-wind
ows-7-and-windows-server-2008-r2-845?source=fssr
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc782792%28WS.10%29.aspx

Commercial products like Solidcore (McAfee App Control nowadays), Bit9
Parity, etc should provide similar functionality.
I think you are right on SMS/SCCM, it seem to check for version and filename
mainly. Can't see where it uses a hash.

Daniel