PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Fiction for Security geeks

From: 1giglimit at gmail.com (Noah)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:57:21 +1100

Wow,

So many good books to recommend. I second Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
would have to be my overall favorite book, although in Audio format you are
looking at a lonnnng listen.

Just finished Freedom TM, (Daniel Suarez) It was amazing, but read Daemon
first.

The Geek Mafia series are great, the Stealing the Network Series are great,
Kevin Milne Z4CK and Digital force are great (written on a linux pda during
the authors commute!)

You should pretty much read all Cory Doctorow.. Some of his short storys are
great and you can download a lot of books from his website for free.

The Cuckoo's Egg as previously recommended was great.. it's amazing to think
we are still fighting the same security problems as that long ago..

Once you're done with all that, here's a few from my facebook..

* Permutation City, Greg Egan
* Johnny Mnemonic
* All the Hacker's Challenge books

For non fiction, also tying in with your other thread on how to get
motivated to do things, I'd recommend David Allen, Getting Things Done.

- Noah