PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Operation “Aurora”

From: jackadaniel at gmail.com (Jack Daniel)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:09:07 -0500

Two thoughts-

First, McAfee should be flogged for naming it Aurora. Too many things
already have that name. Like the Aurora vulnerabilities in SCADA
systems (specifically nuclear).

Second, even my blacksmith friends know of the industrial espionage
threats posed by the Chinese- the best artisans and craftsmen only put
small or low res images of their work on their sites because they are
tired of seeing crappy knock-offs at dumps like Pier One or Christmas
Tree Shops.  But, a ridiculous number of people, including many in IT,
are indeed oblivious to the threats.

Jack

--
Jack Daniel, Reluctant CISSP