PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Kingston DataTraveler Secure Privacy vulnerability

From: lonestarr13 at gmail.com (Michael Salmon)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 17:47:49 -0500

Thanks guys. Johan's explanation was much better than mine :).  I feel kind
of bad because I recommended the Kingston DTSP for use at my company and
then first I found that the Hak5 switchblade software could overwrite the
CDrom partition but the data was unrecoverable if that happened.  Kingston
gave us an update for the keys that addressed that but now this comes out.
we were thinking of replacing them with Ironkey, we probably will now.

Thanks,

Michael Salmon