PaulDotCom mailing list archives

End user education

From: jackadaniel at gmail.com (Jack Daniel)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:43:39 -0500

But that's the point, the actual risk to the end user is negligible if
you do the math- the costs of being hit are often low, but even if
they were high, the chance of compromise is so low that the
distributed risk risk is still negligible.  If the aggregated risk is
low per user, then it is economically irrational to take extra
measures to protect yourself.

And- it is not their fault.  They are expected to use fundamentally
insecure (and largely unsecurable, practically speaking) systems, and
"being secure" is not their job, their job is to
produce/sell/whatever.

Jack