PaulDotCom mailing list archives

WiFiFoFum question

From: ether.header at googlemail.com (Gilgamesh Enkidu)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 12:33:21 +0100

I have been playing around with WiFiFoFum on an iPod Touch and have a quick
question:

Is it possible to convert a .wfffLog file to a .kml file without uploading
it to their servers? I have a few log files which I have pulled off my iPod.
They seem to be Apple plist files (maybe similar to Macstumbler's?), which I
can convert to xml, but how do I then go to kml? I could maybe write a
Python script to do it, and I made a brief, failed attempt at running it
through xalan with a stylesheet. If a better way already exists please let
me know! As I understand it, it is precisely this conversion that takes
place when I upload a log file, but I don't like the idea of having to
upload every single file to them.

Thanks,