PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Forget the laugh, no have a painful groan on me...

From: tadaka at gmail.com (Jason Wood)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:45:51 -0600

So...  got a domain name for that site....  ;-)

Sorry man.  That would have me reaching for the Tylenol bottle.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Soft Reset <softreset64738 at gmail.com>wrote:

After sending an email to the team indicating my concerns about the exposed
system (it is to a sample network to be shown to potential customers by the
way, so no valuable data, but definitely a concern for embarrassment should
background images, default web pages, etc get pointed to offensive
material).

I received a length response back which I'll spare you, but thought you
guys would love a couple of sentences that were included:

 "We will be adding several systems [...]. The ability to do this
quickly/easily outweighs the several security vulnerabilities you have
identified. [...]  Besides, the "sample" network has been moving
frequently over the last few months, even the best hackers would be
challenged to keep up with the equipment, let alone the networking aspects."

Does anyone else feel like banging their head against a wall?

--SR6