PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Digital Forensic Software

From: raffi at flossyourmind.com (Raffi Jamgotchian)
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:48:30 -0500

Check out the Cyberspeak guys at cyberspeak.libsyn.com. They talk about this
stuff to great detail.

From: pauldotcom-bounces at mail.pauldotcom.com
[mailto:pauldotcom-bounces at mail.pauldotcom.com] On Behalf Of Tyler Robinson
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 12:56 PM
To: pauldotcom at mail.pauldotcom.com
Subject: [Pauldotcom] Digital Forensic Software

Hey all looking for some of the fantastic advice that the pauldotcom
listeners always provide. I am helping our prosecuting attorney with
evidence from a hard drive, I am wondering what software everyone is using
to make the drive images, and if anyone knows of a good website that has all
the proper forms ex. digital chain of custody, and also some checklists or
guidelines. I know that Helix is a widely accepted linux distro for this
sort of thing but dont have much experience with it. I also have a copy of
FTR and have worked with it a bit. So any advice at all is always
appreciated. Thanks again and Thanks to Paul and Larry for bringing together
such a dynamic group of Security professionals and a great show.

--
Tyler Robinson
Owner of Computer Impressions and Tactical Network Security