PaulDotCom mailing list archives

pen-testing permission form for charity work

From: robert.portvliet at gmail.com (Robert Portvliet)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:58:46 -0500

I think for doing 3rd party testing (even for free), you're going to
need something written up by an attorney & probably 'errors &
omissions' insurance at a minimum.

Just because you're doing it 'pro-bono'' doesn't mean someone won't
sue if something goes wrong (no good deed goes unpunished, lol)

Someone please feel free to tell me I'm wrong, but everything I've
ever been told is that the 'permission slip' level is only good for an
internal pen test.