PaulDotCom mailing list archives

AP without DHCP

From: mailing at vankets.com (Bert Van Kets)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:32:01 +0100

Hi guys,

I was wondering what methods or commands can be used to get past the
following situation:
You access a WiFi AP with WEP encryption, you get the key and can
connect but do not get an IP address. I assume this is due to the use of
fixed IPs only (no dhcp). How do you get past this? How do you get info
in the IP range? Do I need to nMap scan every possible internal IP range???
What if no clients are connected and Mac address filtering is switched
on on top of the lack of dhcp? I luckily do have a client Mac address,
but if I didn't have this it would be an extra hurdle.
My knowledge and experience have encountered a concrete wall. How do I
climb it?

Thanks for any help.

Bert