PaulDotCom mailing list archives

PCI & Paper Documents

From: rd at rd1.net (Ralph Durkee)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 19:09:18 -0500

Yes, it wouldn't be very complete if it didn't cover paper and other
media as well as electronic storage.  The PCI DSS is found
https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/   Section 9 cover physical
security, and 9.6 is particularly relevant, but typically other PCI DSS
requirements are likely to apply as well.

9.6 Physically secure all paper and electronic media that contain
cardholder data.

-- Ralph Durkee, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, GSNA, GPEN
Principal Security Consultant
http://rd1.net

Robert Miller wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Do you know if PCI covers credit card numbers printed on paper and the
protections of those said documents?

For example a customer order form that has been printed out, does this
need to be under lock and key or is this not covered by PCI and we
should lock it up for our own protection?

Thanks,

- Robert
(arch3angel)