PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Pen Test Trainning

From: robert.portvliet at gmail.com (Robert Portvliet)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 12:08:29 -0500

I took SEC560 both in class & online and have also taken OS101\PTWB.

My take is that SEC560 is structured in terms of professional pen-test
practice & methodology and covers A LOT of ground (it's 6 days long
after all) while the OS101 course doesn't cover as wide a range of
subjects, but it's very technical and does go quite deep into certain
areas, particularly buffer overflows.

I enjoyed both courses & would actually recommend taking both as they
do compliment each other, each has some subjects covered that are not
included in the other.

SEC560 is obviously quite a bit more expensive, but you could always
apply to facilitate a conference & take it there, they also include
the online version & self study MP3's as part of the deal.