PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Validating Windows XP - Aaargh

From: russo091 at gmail.com (Dmitry Nedospasov)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 08:25:04 +0200

You are using that OEM CD I assume. There might be issues if you're
using a different ISO and that OEM CD-Key.

D.

On 29.9.09 03:16 , Robert Miller wrote:
I am not sure if this is actually being done or not, but do some
research and see if the Windows Genuine Advantage does checks based on
IP Address. You can do this by going through a proxy within the states.

Not sure if it is but worth a check.

- Robert

Subba Rao wrote:

I have purchased an OEM copy of Windows XP Professional in US.  Now for
my job, I live in Europe.  When I bring up the XP system, I get the
message that it is not a valid copy of XP.  This problem did not exist
while in the US.  The Microsoft site is keeps me in a loop where it ends
up saying pay $$$.

Is there anyway out of this?  I do have the OEM manual with the key code
on it.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,

Subba Rao